Our Flash Tutorials are here to help you fully utilise your web hosting control panel. Choose a task from below to see a step by step tutorial on how to complete it.
An introduction to web hosting
- What is web hosting?
- What are web servers and why are they necessary?
- What is shared, dedicated, and other types of hosting?
- What is a control panel?
- What does gigabyte, megabyte, GB, and MB mean?
- How much disk space and bandwidth do I need?
- Why shouldn't I go for an unlimited plan?
- Can I host more than one site per account?
- What is an uptime guarantee?
- What are parked, addon and subdomains?
- Do I need a dedicated IP?
- What is an SSL/TLS certificate?
- What are PHP, Perl, Python and RoR?
- What is a MySQL database?
- What is FTP and why do I need it?
- How many email accounts do I need?
- What are email forwarders?
- What is an email auto-responder?
- What is Spam?
- Should I be taking backups of my account?